Well! I got the nicest surprise when I checked my blog today. Grandmalin has nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger award. I am so tickled. Thank you!
I really, honestly was surprised, because most of the time I don’t feel like I’m being very creative at all. Mostly just blithering away about stuff that I think no one will find interesting. (Well, maybe one or two people who know me and humour me, but that’s it.)
Lately, I haven’t had a lot of time to blog or to catch up on other’s blogs. It’s been a very busy time here at Casa Larson, in the wee town I live in.
Work has been nuts — we’re heading into the last two months of the school year and everyone starts getting very nervous and stressed out about jobs and assignments for the next school year. Education is often not a pretty career choice.
I have big exciting news that I can’t share yet — it has to wait until after Father’s Day. Suffice it to say it involves travel and my favorite musician. I am so stoked I can barely stand the fact that this ‘event’ is 4 months away. How, oh how, will I make it?!
So, now on to honouring, or attempting to honour, the requirements of my award.
Here are the rules for those nominated:
- Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List 7 things about you that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Kreativ Blogger Award.
- Leave a comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know about the award.
Seven interesting things about me:
1. I love red cars — once wrote a piece about them that I read on-line for CBC radio.
2. I always root for the underdog — it’s just so much fun, and worth it when they come out on top.
3. I dabble in many things — but never really master any of them. I blame it on time — the lack of.
4. Being a mother and a grandmother are the two things I’m most proud of in my life.
5. Back in the days of drive-in movies I was a lover of drive-in food — corn-on-the-cob, foil-wrapped burgers, fries in little card-board boats. Yum!
6. I weighed 104 lbs when I got married. 165 lbs when I gave birth to my son. Yikes!
7. Reading Mark Helprin’s A Soldier of the Great War changed my life.
There you go — some stuff a little personal, but the best I could do. (It’s hard!)
Now to nominate bloggers I admire (this is going to be harder — I admire them all):
6. Grandma 1947’s Blog
7. The Laughing Housewife.
For those I didn’t nominate I will still give a shout out to you as being great motivators and wonderfully creative human beings. Reading your blogs often gives me a lift when I desperately need one. Anyone who dares to put themselves out there in front of the big ol’ scary world deserves an award.
I hope you are all having a lovely Spring weekend.
Ciao for now.